April 20, 2010
UI executes warrants in Currier, Mayflower residence halls
On April 19, the University of Iowa Police Department, along with the Johnson County Drug Task Force, served 11 search warrants beginning with nine in Currier Residence Hall at 8 p.m. Following the execution of the Currier warrants, the team executed two search warrants in Mayflower Residence Hall at 10:30 p.m.
* Possession of Controlled Substance with the Intent to Deliver: three
* Unlawful possession of Prescription Drugs: two
* Possession of Drug Paraphernalia: six
* Possession of Burglary Tools: one
* Criminal Mischief warrant: one
* Unlawful possession of Prescription Drugs: one
* Possession of Drug Paraphernalia: two
The Office of the Dean of Students will investigate these students for violation(s) of the Code of Student Life.
STORY SOURCE: University of Iowa News Services, 300 Plaza Centre One, Suite 371, Iowa City, Iowa 52242-2500.