June 12, 2007
Four UI Presidential Search Committee Meetings Set This Week
The University of Iowa Presidential Search Committee will meet four times in the next four days. At each meeting, the committee will convene in open session and then expects to move very soon into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code § 21.5(1)(i) to evaluate confidential materials involving the professional competency of candidates for the presidency of the university. At the end of each closed session, the committee will return to open session and then adjourn.
The meetings will be held on the following dates at the following times and locations:
* 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 13, in the University Capitol Center (UCC) Board Room (second floor above “Cookies & More”).
* 1:15 to 3 p.m. Thursday, June 14, in the UCC Board Room.
* 1:30 to 3 p.m. Friday, June 15 in 302 Schaeffer Hall on the UI campus.
* 8 a.m. to approximately 12 p.m. Saturday, June 16 in the UCC Board Room.
The agenda for each meeting will be as follows:
1. Open session: acceptance of minutes, if any, from prior meeting(s).
2. Updates from committee members and discussion of remaining logistics issues, if any.
3. Expected request for closed session to evaluate confidential materials involving the professional competency of candidates for the presidency of the University of Iowa.
4. Return to open session – adjournment.
Members of the Presidential Search Committee include David Johnsen, chair and Dean of the UI College of Dentistry; Professor Jonathan Carlson, College of Law; Professor Lee Anna Clark, Department of Psychology, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS); Professor Elizabeth Chrischilles, Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health; Associate Professor Sarah England, Physiology and Biophysics, Carver College of Medicine (CCOM); Professor Ed Folsom, Department of English, CLAS; Leonard Hadley, retired Chairman and CEO, Maytag Corporation; Dean Linda Maxson, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; Professor Paul Rothman, DEO, Department of Internal Medicine, CCOM; Professor Gene Parkin, Department of Civil-Environmental Engineering, College of Engineering; Cheryl Reardon, Assistant to the Dean/VP for Research; Professor Jarjisu Sa-Aadu, Department of Finance, Tippie College of Business; and Sarah Vigmostad, graduate student in the Department of Biomedical Engineering.
STORY SOURCE: University Relations, 101 Jessup Hall, Iowa City, Iowa 52242-1000.
MEDIA CONTACT: Steve Parrott, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 319-335-0552, cell 319-530-6972